What are the sequential steps to completing the ESOL endorsement?
1. Complete the following courses:
- ESOL 535 (High school) or ESOL 535 A/B (Elementary) Effective Practice in Teaching English Language Learners (2 SH) (Required of all preservice students.)
- CORE 505 Immigrants in the US or CORE 568 Tapping Community Resources to Support Minority Populations (2 SH)
2. Apply and be admitted to the ESOL endorsement program for preservice students (ESOL/Bilingual Endorsement Track II).
3. Complete the following courses:
- ED 516 Intern Practicum III (Early childhood/Elementary) or ED 546/646 Classroom Teaching III (Middle/High School Level) in a pre-service M.A.T. program at Lewis and Clark.
4. Complete the courses:
- ESOL 500/600 Historical and Legal foundations of Education ESOL/Bilingual Studies (3 SH)
- ESOL507/607Language Acquisition/Development (3H)
- ESOL 505/605 Bilingual Practicum (2 SH)
*Remember to seek approval for the practicum first
5. Take and pass the NES/ORELA: ESOL test.
6. (Optional) Take Lewis & Clark Spanish assessment OR NES/ORELA language test(s) if adding the bilingual endorsement.
7. Portfolio Submission and Faculty Approval
Includes key assignments from Courses in the ESOL Endorsement
8. Apply to TSPC to Add the ESOL Endorsement