Creating a Gallery
From the LiveWhale interface, click the “Galleries” tab. (If the Galleries tab does not appear, the administrator has not assigned the galleries module to you.)
Click “Add a New Gallery”
Fill out the form with the relevant information for your gallery.
- Enter a title for the gallery.
- If this content is especially important and you wish to flag it as such on your web site, click the star in the section labeled “Star content” in order to highlight it. By default this content will be shareable. If you wish to make it non-shareable, click the globe labeled “Share content” to un-highlight it.
- Enter a description of the gallery. This will also appear in the meta description tag when viewing a gallery’s details.
- If you wish to suggest this gallery to other groups, select those groups under the section called “Suggest this item to the following groups”. For more information about sharing, see “Sharing your content with other groups”.
- Tag the gallery with any relevant tags. Tags help sort and classify galleries so that they can be directed to the proper location on your web site. You can click in the field labeled “Tags” and type a keyword; tags will be suggested to you. If you are unsure what tags are available in your group, click “Show all tags” to display them all and select the relevant ones.
- If you wish to allow public comments on this gallery, click the checkbox labeled “Allow users to post comments”. When comments are posted, users are asked to identify themselves. Only logged-in LiveWhale users can see this identification, and can hide comments containing questionable content. Once comments are posted, you can manage them from the gallery editor for this gallery.
- Scroll back up and find the status menu at the top righthand corner of the screen. Choose the status for this gallery. “Live” will publish the gallery immediately. “Hidden” will hide it from the web site until you are ready to publish it.
- You may attach images to this gallery. Images are taken from your group’s image library. To choose an existing image from your image library, click on each of the images you wish to add. If you want to upload a new image to attach to this gallery, click “Add images from your computer”. Newly uploaded images will be added to the image library and attached to this gallery. (See “Attaching an image to a gallery” for more information.)
When done, click the “Save this gallery” button.