The End of Trillium
By David McKelvey
Today we are beginning the removal of old Trillium websites for offices, departments, organizations and faculty. The Trillium websites to which I refer all begin with addresses like:
(~tilde sites are unaffected by this change.)
For those sites that are being removed, here’s what you need to know:
- We have made an archive of everything. Should we remove something that you feel you need, we will give you a copy of it. (Nothing will be restored to its former location.)
- We are beginning with websites that have been replaced with new sites in LiveWhale. We will only be deleting pages from whole sites to start, we will be leaving images and pdfs until June 1, at which point they will be removed as well.
- We will begin content removal for more complex sites (like each school’s admissions and alumni sites) on June 1.
- By the end of the summer, we will be completing any remaining removals and begin the process of closing Trillium, which will conclude in October.
- Some sites with archival value like the Chronicle will be kept indefinitely, but moved off of legacy.
- If you would like an archive copy of your former site, please contact us. Bring over a USB drive (or other) and we’ll copy it over.
If you have any concerns about this, or want to alert us to content still in use, pleasecontact us and we will help you move your content from Trillium to LiveWhale.