Adding/Editing LiveWhale Galleries
November 04, 2009
Ask a question
From the LiveWhale interface, click the “Galleries” tab. (If the Galleries tab does not appear, New Media has not assigned the galleries module to you. Contact us to get it added.)
If you are adding a gallery, click “Add a New Gallery”, otherwise find the gallery you wish to edit and click it.
Whether adding or editing a gallery:
Fill out the form with the relevant information for your gallery.
- Enter a title for the gallery.
- Enter a description of the gallery.
- If you are editing a gallery, any existing images will be listed in the section labeled “Edit Images”. Here you can change image captions, remove images, or reorder them by dragging an image by the crosshairs icon.
- Tag the gallery with any relevant tags. Tags help sort and classify galleries so that they can be directed to the proper location on your web site. You can click in the field labeled “Tag this gallery” and type a keyword; tags will be suggested to you. If you are unsure what tags are available in your group, click “Show all tags” to display them all and select the relevant ones.
- If your gallery is important and you wish to flag it as such on your web site, click the star in the section labeled “Star this item”.
- Scroll back up and find the status menu at the top righthand corner of the screen. Choose the status for this gallery. “Live” will publish the gallery immediately. “Hidden” will hide it from the web site until you are ready to publish it.
- If you are editing an existing gallery, you will also see a “Delete” link next to the status, allowing you to delete this gallery.
- Under the section labeled “Images” you may attach images to this gallery. Images are taken from your group’s image library. To choose an existing image from your image library, click “Select from your image library”. If you want to upload a new image to attach to this gallery, click “Add images from your computer”. Newly uploaded images will be added to the image library and attached to this gallery. (See “Attaching Images to a LiveWhale Gallery” for more information.)
When done, click the “Save this gallery” button.