President appoints search committee for vice president of Institutional Advancement
September 28, 2015
President Barry Glassner has appointed a search committee to fill the vice president of Institutional Advancement position currently held on an interim basis by Provost Jane Atkinson.
President Glassner will chair the committee. The other members are:
- Jane Atkinson, vice president and provost
- Greta Binford, associate professor of biology and department chair of biochemistry and molecular biology
- Scott Dubchansky, chair of the board of trustees
- David Ellis, vice president, secretary, and general counsel
- Mollie Galloway, assistant professor of educational leadership
- Anna Gonzalez, dean of students
- Craig Johnston, professor of law
- Lisa Meyer, dean for enrollment and communications
- Ruth Sigal, trustee
“I am grateful that these committee members have agreed to join together to fill this crucial role.” President Glassner said. “Each brings vital knowledge and perspective on the challenges and opportunities that shape fundraising issues in each of our schools and throughout Lewis & Clark. I look forward to working with them.”
Lewis & Clark has hired m/Oppenheim Associates to assist in the search. The firm has recently filled key development positions at institutions ranging from the University of California, Berkeley to the Trust for Public Land to the Indianapolis Museum of Art, among other nonprofit organizations.
Institutional Advancement encompasses the common services development and fundraising operations of Lewis & Clark. Over the summer, Alumni and Parent Programs for the Colleges of Arts and Sciences joined the Division of Student Life, reporting to Dean of Students Anna Gonzalez.