Lewis & Clark’s Summer Guests
May 15, 2017
The Conferences and Events Office is looking forward to a big and exciting summer season. This year will welcome dozens of conferences and youth programs to campus, along with more than 1000 alumni attending Alumni Weekend, and hundreds of visitors celebrating weddings in the Estate Gardens.
“Whether the participants are first time visitors or have come to Lewis & Clark many times, we hope they will enjoy their time here,” Associate Director Kerry Keenon said. “While they are visiting we anticipate they will explore our beautiful campus and learn more about the educational opportunities Lewis & Clark has to offer.”
Here are a few simple things everyone can do to make our guests feel comfortable:
- If you see someone on campus that looks like a visitor, give them a warm welcome.
- Wear your name tag at all times so visitors can easily identify whom to ask for assistance.
- Offer directions or answer questions for anyone who might seem a bit lost or confused.
- Encourage guests to visit the Manor House, the College Bookstore, Watzek Library, the Estate Gardens, or your favorite spot on campus.
Beginning the first week in June and continuing through the middle of August, more than 2,000 conference and camp guests will be staying overnight in our residence halls.
Conference groups (partial list):
- American Association of Physicists in Medicine
- Oregon Ambassadors of Music
- Alumni Weekend
- German Summer School
- PETC Osaka
- Pioneer Debate Institute
- Threshold Choir
- Myron Jones Workshop
- PETC Shukutoku
- Ityanagi Japanese Student Program
- FoodCorps Annual Conference
Youth camps (partial list):
- ID Tech Camp
- Nike Swim Camp
- Columbia Gorge School of Theater
- PGC Basketball Camp
- Percussion Academy
- Portland Ultimate Frisbee