It’s Time to Update Your Emergency Notification Settings
September 05, 2017
All students, faculty, and staff are automatically registered to receive notification and instructions from Lewis & Clark’s Emergency Notification System. Examples of notifications include:
- Urgent safety and health issues
- Natural disaster
- Inclement weather
While emergency alerts will be automatically sent to lclark.edu email addresses and office phones, you also have the option of receiving alerts via:
- Text message
- Cell phone
- Alternative (non-lclark.edu) email address
- ANY COMBINATION of the above
This alert system is used ONLY for emergency communications and for periodic testing and drills. Your contact information will not be shared with anyone.
Please take a moment to configure your own emergency notifications setting.
- Go to WebAdvisor (Safari or Firefox recommended).
- Click the “Log In” tab.
- Log in using your Lewis & Clark e-mail user ID (without “@lclark.edu”) and password—both are case-sensitive.
- Click on an available submenu (e.g. Students, Employees, Faculty).
- Click on “Emergency Alert Preferences” in the “User Account” section.
- Enter additional phone numbers and/or an additional e-mail address. You also have an option to receive SMS text messages at the mobile phone number you provide.
- Click “Submit” to save your changes.
If you have any problems registering with the system, please call the IT help desk at extension 7225.
Learn more about the system—how it works and why it is necessary—in this FAQ.