Weekly Wellness - Join our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture)
March 13, 2018
What is a CSA?
CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) is a program that allows community members to buy local vegetables and fruits from local farmers. The produce is distributed to members in weekly “shares,” which are purchased in advance of the beginning of the growing season. Purchasing a CSA share in the spring allows the farmers guaranteed sales throughout the season.
Adelante Mujeres operates a Sustainable Agriculture program to provide training and sales outlets for Latino farmers who are starting or expanding their farm businesses. The organization purchases produce grown by participants, aggregates it and sells it through a Distributor and CSA model.
Who is Adelante Mujeres?
Adelante Mujeres is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization based in Forest Grove, OR. The organization strives to continually evolve their education and enterprise opportunities to meet the various needs of low-income Latino families in our community. Adelante Mujeres endeavors to strengthen Latino families as a whole because they believe a strong community requires the inclusion of everyone. Learn more at AdelanteMujeres.org.
How much does it cost?
The Adelante Mujeres CSA offers the following share types:
- Standard Share: $360, weekly produce for 1-2 people for 18 weeks
- Large Share: $540, weekly produce for 3-4 people for 18 weeks
- Salsa Share: $90, weekly recipes and ingredients for salsa or hot sauce, 10 weeks, August - October
- Please see the Adelante Mujeres website for more information and additional details about paying with SNAP (formerly known as food stamps).
When does it start and where do I pick up my share?
Standard and Large Shares are delivered weekly from June - October. The conveniently located pick up will be at the HR Office on the Lewis & Clark Graduate Campus on Thursday afternoons.
When do I sign up?
Fill out the online Adelante Mujeres CSA Registration Form www.adelantemujeres.org/csa by May 1st.
Looking for something other than a CSA?
Full Circle delivers fresh, local, seasonal produce to your home.
Farming organically since1996, Full Circle partners with other local farms to bring you the best variety of great tasting produce. Download this flyer for 20% off your first 5 Sprout Boxes.
It’s easy to start!
1. Visit www.fullcircle.com to sign up.
2. Enter your contact information and unique employee promotion code: FARM2LC
3. Choose the box size and delivery frequency that best meets your needs.
4. Exclude items you would rather not receive.
5. Add unique artisanal farm products like eggs, local honey, dairy and more.
Twisted Sprout Farm is selling whole - quarter pigs from their farm:
Pigs weigh weigh ~180-200lb for a whole animal and cost $5/lb hanging weight (not including butcher fees)
- $50 deposit for a quarter pig (If you order a quarter pig, you will not get to choose your cuts)
- $100 deposit for a half pig
- $150 deposit for a whole pig
We are using Shy Ann Meats in Oregon City as our butcher this year and they take a couple weeks for turn around. For pork they charge $.59/lb hanging weight + additional fees for smoking and curing. http://www.shyannmeats.com/services-pricing/
Questions? Contact Lexi Muhlsteff via email: firstname.lastname@example.org