Fall Semester Pay-to-Park and Alternative Transportation Information
August 20, 2018
Beginning September 4, 2018, parking permits and vehicle registration are required Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Reminder: Employees using payroll deduction to purchase a parking permit need to apply at the start of every academic year. Payroll deductions occur September-April.
To register a vehicle, purchase a permit, or buy a bus pass, go to the registration information page on the Transportation and Parking website.
If you only purchase day passes from the parking lot kiosk you must register your vehicle. Parking an unregistered vehicle on campus is a violation of the Transportation and Parking Rules and Regulations. Unregistered vehicles will be cited. Visit Transportation and Parking for an overview of our parking policies.
Parking can be very limited at times during the week, and purchasing a parking permit does not guarantee you a parking space. We have only 1,338 spaces available for over 2,500 students and approximately 700 full-time faculty and staff. Consider using an alternative way to get to campus such as Trimet, Pioneer Express Shuttle, carpooling, biking, or walking.
Getting To Campus Without a Car
Did you know Lewis & Clark’s parking fees fund the Pioneer Express shuttle service and discounted TriMet transit passes for students and employees? The following options help reduce traffic and parking congestion, improve air quality, and contribute to a healthy community environment:
- Discounted TriMet Bus Pass: TriMet monthly bus passes are sold at a 75% discount for $25 per month. 10-pack single ride ticket books are also available for $6.25. To purchase your bus pass, please go to: https://lclark.nupark.com/portal. Login using your Lewis & Clark username and password. Employees who use payroll deduction for TriMet monthly passes must contact the parking office to begin that process.
- Carpool/Rideshare: All you need to know about carpooling to Lewis & Clark, including help in finding a carpool/rideshare partner can be found here.
- Pioneer Express Shuttle: Free shuttle service operates seven days a week during fall and spring semester between downtown Portland and Lewis & Clark. Full weekday Pioneer Express service and weekend service begins on August 27, 2018.
- ZipCars – Lewis & Clark partners with Zipcar, Inc., a low cost car sharing program providing 24 hour access to a number of vehicles located on campus (open to students 18 years of age).
- Bicycle: Check out our resources for biking to campus.
For more information, please contact email@example.com or 503-768-7857.