Smokers Asked to Follow the Rules and Be Considerate
September 24, 2018
Dear students, faculty, and staff:
Now that the weather is turning, this is a reminder that Lewis & Clark’s Smoke and Tobacco Free Community Policy is in effect.
Please follow the policy, and please be considerate.
- Smoking is prohibited in all of Lewis & Clark. This also includes the use of electronic cigarettes.
- Be a good neighbor and do not smoke on the property of neighbors.
- TriMet prohibits smoking in bus shelters. Maximum penalty: $250/exclusion.
- Oregon law prohibits the possession of tobacco products or inhalant delivery systems by persons under the age of 21 on college grounds or at college-sponsored activities. Ore. Revised Stat. 339.883.
- All individuals must discontinue smoking when asked to do so in locations where smoking is prohibited by law.
Trying To Quit?
Anyone interested in quitting smoking can receive help through Smoke-Free Oregon. Resources include quitting guides, aids (such as nicotine replacement), and online and personal coaches.
Students can access on-campus support for smoking or tobacco cessation by contacting the Health Promotion and Wellness office (firstname.lastname@example.org) located on the lower floor of Odell residence hall.
Employees who are benefit eligible can access free smoking cessation resources from our Employee Assistance Program and medical insurance plans.
A tobacco cessation support group meets every Monday, from 4 to 5 p.m. Contact email@example.com or call 503-768-8225 to sign up for the group, or for more information.
Thank you for your consideration.
Dave Reese, Vice President, Chief of Staff, General Counsel and Board Secretary