Jennifer Delahunty Named Interim Vice President for Admissions and Financial Aid
President Wim Wiewel has announced that Jennifer Delahunty will become interim vice president for admissions and financial aid, effective July 9. Jennifer served for 14 years at Kenyon College as vice president for enrollment and dean of admissions and financial aid, as well as associate dean of West Coast admissions. She was most recently special assistant to the provost at Willamette University. Jennifer will serve as interim vice president until a replacement for Lisa Meyer, who is joining executive search firm Witt/Kieffer, begins.
“I am very pleased that Jennifer has agreed to take on this role,” said President Wiewel. “She brings a great deal of wisdom and energy to the art and science of her work.”
Jennifer has worked in higher education since 1982, including 14 years as a consultant to private colleges. She is the editor of the essay collection I’m Going to College—Not You! Surviving the College Search With Your Child, and she writes about and is quoted frequently in the national press on admissions-related issues.
“I’ve worked with and for many colleges across my 37-year career, and it strikes me that Lewis & Clark is a forward-looking, innovative institution that does an extraordinary job of educating an extremely interesting group of diverse and talented students,” said Jennifer. “I’m thrilled to join the team, and I am excited to continue Lisa’s great work until a new leader arrives.”
A national search for a permanent vice president is underway and seeks to have someone in place by the fall. The search committee is chaired by Dean Bruce Suttmeier, assisted by Summit Search Solutions. The other search committee members are as follows:
- Rachel Cole, Associate Professor of English and Department Chair
- Anastacia Dillon, Associate Vice President for Financial Aid
- Hollie Elliott, Interim Associate Vice President for Admissions
- Caitlin Harper, Associate Dean of Admissions
- Robin Holmes-Sullivan, Vice President for Student Life and Dean of Students
- Dave Reese, Vice President, Chief of Staff, General Counsel, and Board Secretary
- Katherine Shallenberger, Associate Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis