Today is LC Day of Giving!
February 21, 2020
LC Day of Giving is on March 4!
Is your love for LC overflowing? Why not share it! On LC Day of Giving, put your gift in one -or more- of five buckets. You can choose to support Undergrad Academics, Undergrad Student Support, Athletics, the Law School, or the Graduate School. We only have 24 hours to reach our goals for all five buckets. When each one is full to the brim, an extra $100,000 match will be unlocked!
Faculty and staff have additional generous matches for gifts made on Day of Giving from our campus community!
- President Wim Wiewel will match all gifts made by faculty and staff on Day of Giving (up to $10,000).
- Dean of the Graduate School of Education and Counseling Scott Fletcher has pledged to match gifts from Graduate School faculty and staff up to $2,000. If at least 50% of GSEC faculty and staff participate in this year’s Day of Giving, Dean Fletcher will contribute an additional $500.
- College of Arts and Sciences Dean Bruce Suttmeier will match every gift (up to $1,867 and made to the Dinah Dodds Endowed Scholarship) made by tenure and tenure track faculty or by staff in departments reporting to the Dean of the College. He also has a prize in store for one randomly selected person, find out more today in an email from the Dean’s Office!
- Bruno has been spreading rumors in the amphitheater that Dean of Lewis & Clark Law School Jennifer Johnson is planning a surprise for this year’s Day of Giving!
Share your love of LC on social media on March 4 by using #LCDayofGiving!
TWO NEW CHALLENGES HAVE BEEN ADDED!
Cross Country Coach Matthew Barreau is challenging all current and past members of the LCXC family to give on Day of Giving! Whether you’re a current student-athlete, past-parent, or long a time Pio XC enthusiast, now is your time to get Coach Barreau to put his money where his mouth is! Read the details below!
- Goal: 80 total XC donors
- I will match up to $500 in donations from the current team members
- I will match up to $1,500 in donations to our program from anybody else
- If a minimum of $5,000 is raised prior to matching, I will contribute an additional $500
- If all team members donate and the total exceeds $1,000 in donations, I’ll belly flop into the steeple pit or ice bath live on Instagram and everybody will receive a team-designed shirt
- If a minimum of $5,000 is raised prior to matching, I will sing and dance “I’m a little teapot” (or comparable children’s song/nursery rhyme chosen by the team) on the televised Orange Carpet walk-in prior to the ELCYS ceremony
Associate Dean for Student Academic Affairs John Krussel has started a scholarship for first-generation college students here at Lewis & Clark. He has asked current CAS faculty to support the Catherine Krussel Memorial Scholarship, named after his mother. If any faculty member gives $50 or more to this new scholarship, you will be entered to receive one of three cheesecakes that Dean Krussel will bake to order himself. He’ll pick the names at random and you can pick the flavor and let him know when you would like to receive your cheesecake if you win!
Q: How do I give?
- outside of Fields Dining Hall, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. and 4:30 –7 p.m.
- JR Howard Hall, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Pamplin Athletic Center, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Law School Campus, LRC Student Lounge, 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
Q: If I have a recurring monthly gift or have a payroll deduction will it count toward the gift total?
A: Yes. And, if you choose to make an additional gift, it will be counted a second time, helping us to reach the goal for the bucket that your gift is designated to.
Have a question? Reach out to Lexi Kelley, Assistant Director of Annual Giving, at firstname.lastname@example.org.