What You Need To Know About Handwashing
The best way to prevent getting sick with COVID-19 is to avoid exposure to the virus. The CDC recommends taking these everyday actions to help prevent the spread of this and other respiratory illnesses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are unavailable, use alcohol-based (at least 60%) hand sanitizer.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces by using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick. Whenever possible, ill students should email faculty to inform them of absences. Employees should email supervisors.
Please refer to the Health Promotion and Wellness Community Health Updates Blog for current health advisories.