Interim Policy Regarding Campus Visitors During COVID-19 Pandemic
Policy Statement and Scope
This interim policy governs Lewis & Clark campus visitors during the COVID-19 pandemic, guided by the following principles:
- The health and safety of the Lewis & Clark community is our top priority.
- One method of decreasing density and therefore increasing the safety of our community is by restricting visitors to campus.
- The Oregon Governor’s Executive Order restricts activity on campus to official College business.
- Visitors are required to adhere to new protocols in place to keep the Lewis & Clark community safe.
This interim policy applies to all visitors to property owned or leased by Lewis & Clark, excluding visitors to off-campus residences. This interim policy is meant to supplement — not replace — any federal, state, or county health and safety regulations with which Lewis & Clark must comply. A visitor is defined as any individual entering Lewis & Clark property who is not an employee or a registered student. Volunteers, employees of College vendors or contractors, and other groups listed below are considered visitors.
Lewis & Clark campus spaces and buildings are open only for official College business. Campus spaces and buildings are not open to the general public.
Visitors are permitted on Lewis & Clark property only for these specific purposes. All visitors must be hosted by a College employee, department, or registered student organization:
- As an invited speaker or hired performer/artist.
- A family member of a registered student for NSO activities or to support a student related to an emergency health situation.
- Health care workers providing services to residential services.
- Prospective or admitted students and their families for admissions, recruiting or other hosted events, approved under the Event Management policy.
- Donor visits arranged by Institutional Advancement or the law school development office.
- Hired contractor and vendor services for official College business.
- Prospective rental clients hosted by the Office of Conferences and Events staff.
- Other visitors, on official College business, as approved by the relevant Dean or Vice President.
Visits by Family and Friends
Personal visitors, including family members and friends of students or employees, are not allowed on campus except as specifically described herein.
Requirements for Visitors
All visitors permitted on campus will be required to follow health and safety protocols adopted by the College and as required by federal, state, or county regulations. This includes, but is not limited to: self-monitoring of COVID-19 symptoms before coming on campus; complying with the College’s face-covering policy; and regular handwashing.
Requirements for Lewis & Clark Host
When a department or student organization invites visitors to Lewis & Clark property, the following protocols are required to be in place:
- As the host, you must inform your visitors of this policy prior to their visit.
- Visitors are required to follow the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) Public Guidance and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Public Guidance on COVID-19.
- To the extent possible, visits should be scheduled for low-traffic areas and times.
- If any visitors are showing symptoms of a communicable disease such as persistent cough, or otherwise are not following Lewis & Clark health and safety protocols, they should be asked to leave campus.
- Collecting the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of all visitors is required.
If there is a positive COVID-19 case, health officials may need this information for a contact tracing investigation. Destroy this information sixty (60) days after the visit.
Adopted by the Executive Council July 17, 2020