Faculty and Staff ADA / Section 504 Training
The Student Support Services Staff, in consultation with Dave Reese, General Counsel, and Heyke Kirkendall-Baker, ADA Coordinator, has developed a training specifically designed for Lewis & Clark Faculty and Staff. This training is recommended/optional and covers the following topics:
- Disability Related Federal Mandates: 1. Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 2. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, 3. The Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008;
- the students who are protected under the law;
- examples of modifications, adjustments, and accommodations;
- our legal obligations under disability law as faculty and staff;
- and how to connect with or connect students to the Office of Student Support Services.
Click here to complete the L&C Faculty and Staff ADA/Section 504 online training. Complete the training and the short quiz to document completion of this training. The training takes, on average, 15-20 minutes to complete.