How to Access Your Office Phone & Voicemail Remotely
October 15, 2020
- Lewis & Clark College - Information Technology Service Desk
With so many staff working from home we thought it would be helpful to provide instructions for how to forward your desk phone to your external number and how to access your office voicemail remotely.
Forwarding Office Phone to Mobile Phone
One way to make working remote more seamless is to forward your office phone to your external number. That way, if someone dials your desk phone the call will ring through to your external phone just as though you were in the office. This process is a little involved but it can be completed from home.
- Log into VPN.
- Open a web browser and type phones.lclark.edu.
- Select “Cisco Unified Communications Self Care Portal” from the list of installed applications
- Log into the Self Care Portal using your L&C credentials.
- Select “Call Forwarding” from the list on the left.
- Add the phone number you’d like your office phone forwarded to.
You can find more detailed instructions for forwarding your office phone here.
Accessing Voicemail from Off-Campus
As everyone can attest, when you’re away from the office your voicemail tends to fill up rather quickly. This can cause issues when the voicemail box becomes full. One way to alleviate this is to periodically check voicemail and clear out any old messages that are no longer needed. It’s pretty easy to do this remotely. Simply follow these steps.
- Call (503) 768-7010.
- When prompted for your ID, enter your 10-digit work phone number.
- Enter your voicemail PIN.
- Follow the prompts from the voicemail system to access and manage your voicemail messages.
If you don’t know your voicemail PIN, you can request a PIN reset by emailing the IT Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More extensive phones guides and help sheets are available on our telecommunication page should you need them.
Hopefully, by following the steps outlined above, you’ll feel more connected to the office while working remotely and others will feel more connected to you as well.
As always, if you run into any issues feel free to give the IT Service Desk a call at 503-768-7225 or email us at email@example.com.
For more information:
Information Technology Service Desk