2021 Faculty Technology Institute Project Deep Dive Application
Have a project in mind for your course, but have had difficulty finding the time to make it happen? Or perhaps you’ve had the time, but need a little assistance to figure out where to start. The 2021 Faculty Technology Institute may have the ideal opportunity for you! Apply to participate in this year’s Faculty Technology Institute Deep Dive! Each year we offer workshop sessions, staff support, and a small stipend to help faculty complete a project. This year, we have a broad focus on projects inspired by a year of hybrid and online teaching.
Project ideas may include, but are not confined to:
- Overhauling your Moodle course from scratch
- Creating an interactive, self-guided learning activity for your course
- Creating a series of instructional videos
- Developing or adapting activities that use online digital collaboration tools
- Developing or adapting an OER resource
- Reworking your syllabus to include a multimedia project
Faculty participants will receive a $200 technology stipend for attending relevant FTI Workshops and developing a detailed project plan. Funding for up to 20 hours of student worker production support for your project is also available.
Participants will be required to:
- Attend FTI sessions as appropriate for individual project development
- Redesign an existing course to incorporate your project
- Participate in the Faculty Technology Showcase on December 9th, 2021.
To apply, complete the online proposal form. Proposal evaluation will start on May 8th. Late applications will be considered as funding allows.
The proposal should provide a brief description (no more than one page) of your project. Please include how you see your project changing the learning experience for your students, learning outcomes you hope to promote, and how your participation in this workshop would benefit your teaching and potentially benefit teaching and learning for others in your department or program. Preference will be given to projects that will be used for a specific course that you will be teaching in the 2021/22 academic year. Please contact anyone in Educational Technology with questions.