Major Gifts and Grants
Lewis & Clark thanks its generous donors for these major gifts, grants, and pledges.
- A planned gift of $1.25 million from alumna Luella J. Lilly BS ’59 to support female athlete recruitment, the Excellence in Lewis & Clark Year in Sports (ELCYS) Awards, and financial aid.
- A gift of $400,000 from Trustee John Stadter BA ’79 and Maureen Stadter to support the Bates Center for Entrepreneurship and the Stadter Family Annual Scholarship for Oregon students.
- A commitment of $140,000 from Jan Etzold BS ’80 and Brit Etzold BS ’81 to support the Ken Pierce Faculty Fellow of Entrepreneurship and the Posse Scholarship Program.
- A gift of $100,000 from Tim Mahaffy BA ’76 and Kathy Mahaffy BA ’76 to support the Annual Fund.
- A gift of $75,000 from Trustee Patty Francy BA ’67 to support the Annual Fund.
- A $60,870 charitable gift annuity was established by an alumna through a stock gift to benefit the Helping Hands Scholarship at the law school.
- A gift of $50,000 from an L&C family (class of 2021) to support mental health services.
- A planned gift and an outright gift from faculty emerita Phyllis Yes to create the Phyllis A. Yes Endowed Scholarship for students majoring in art or theatre, with preference given to female students.