Zoom Immersive View and Other Zoom Updates
Here is a list of the main new features that will impact the LC community going forward.
- Immersive View:
- Recreate the feel of your class or conference room by placing video participants onto a single virtual background. Participants are automatically placed onto provided scenes, but the host can upload their own custom background and adjust the arrangements as needed. This requires Zoom version 5.6.3 or higher and works best when using Virtual Background, but not required.
- New annotation tool - Vanishing Pen:
- In addition to the arrow and spotlight tools, Vanishing Pen will allow the presenter to mark on the shared screen to highlight certain information, but the markings will fade away within a couple of seconds. This provides easier highlighting of information without having to undo or erase annotations.
- Clearer Original Sound designation when on/off:
- The in-meeting/webinar button for the Original Sound feature has been enhanced to provide a clearer designation of when the feature is on or off.
- Enhancement to screen sharing:
- When sharing screen and allowing Zoom windows to be seen during the share, Zoom windows can be minimized.
- Full suite of emojis for Reactions for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS:
- Available in client version 5.2.0 or higher, all emojis available for Zoom chat can now be used as a reaction in a meeting. Hosts can restrict reactions to the standard set or allow use of the full suite.
Various features have also been added that improve security.
Have any questions about new features or want to try them out? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.