LC Reuse Room Pilot Project Launches
The Office of Sustainability is excited to share the launch of a pilot project: the Lewis & Clark ReUse Room and Thrift Shop.
Our aim is to keep quality items cycling through our community, so we can reduce the amount of waste we produce while providing accessible essential items.
We are currently focusing on serving undergraduate students in our temporary space in the Corbett House.
We hope to find a permanent home and expand the focus of the program in the future.
How it works:
The ReUse Room is available to students and employees with the following conditions:
- Hours: Fridays from 2–5 p.m. (closed on holidays and break days)
- 25 people maximum are permitted in the space at any given time
- Access is through the front door, access to other areas of the Corbett House is not permitted
We Accept Clean Donations:
- Kitchen supplies that are suitable for a residence hall
- Office or school supplies
- Desk organizers, plastic drawers
- Desk lamp
No, Thank You:
- Torn/broken, stained, or non-working items
- Used sheets or bedding (we can only accept new)
- Mattress toppers
- Dirty items
For more information about mindful donating, please check out this recent OPB story.
Keep up to date with the weekly donations needs or new incoming items by checking our webpage and by following the @sustainablelc instagram account.
In addition to our weekly swaps, we will be holding several special events throughout the year. Keep your eye out for more information on our Halloween swap next week!