WiFi Infrastructure Replacement Milestone - December 21, 2021
postcard by EKC. Photo: W.T. Gray, Los Angeles.
The Information Technology Infrastructure and Operations teams wanted to let the community know that we have reached another milestone of the project: The wireless infrastructure at the Graduate School of Education and Counseling has been replaced and it is fully operational.
A quick summary of the current status:
- GSEC WiFi replacement complete.
- Law campus WiFi replacement is expected to be completed by January 7, 2022.
- CAS / Fir Acres campus WiFi replacement will continue through the Spring term while being mindful of disruptions to academics.
- The outgoing WiFi infrastructure, LC Wireless and LC Secure, has been turned off in the residence halls and GSEC with the following exemptions:
- Maggie’s Café
- Administrative offices in Odell Hall
- Administrative offices in East Hall
If you are in the area of the Residence Halls or GSEC, check out our guide for getting connected to the PioNet, PioNet-Resident, and PioNet-Guest networks.
To read more about the project and see more timely updates, please visit the 2021 WiFi Infrastructure Replacement project page.