WiFi Infrastructure Replacement Milestone - January 11, 2022
The Information Technology Infrastructure and Operations teams wanted to let the community know that we have reached another milestone of the project: The wireless infrastructure at the Law campus has been replaced and it is fully operational.
A quick summary of the current status:
- Law campus WiFi replacement complete.
- GSEC WiFi replacement complete.
- Watzek will be next to be replaced.
- CAS / Fir Acres campus WiFi replacement will continue through the Spring term while being mindful of disruptions to academics.
- The outgoing WiFi infrastructure, LC Wireless and LC Secure, has been turned off in the residence halls, GSEC, and Law campus with the following exemptions:
- Maggie’s Café
- Administrative offices in Odell Hall
- Administrative offices in East Hall
If you are in the area of the Residence Halls, GSEC, or the Law campus, check out our guide for getting connected to the PioNet, PioNet-Resident, and PioNet-Guest networks.
To read more about the project and see more timely updates, please visit the 2021 WiFi Infrastructure Replacement project page.