2022 Faculty Technology Institute Deep Dive Application
Accessibility serves everyone, but overhauling course content can take time, funds, and knowledge that not everyone has at their disposal. This year, the 2022 Faculty Technology Institute deep dive project track will focus on providing instructors the tools and resources needed to make course content more accessible for all learners.
Deep Dive participants will identify a course they are teaching in the 2022-23 academic year and work with Educational Technology and Office of Student Accessibility staff to make the course content accessible. This process may include:
- Finding or creating accessible versions of PDF documents that may be read by a screen reader
- Captioning curricular videos
- Making your Moodle or course website accessible.
Faculty participants will receive a $200 technology stipend for attending relevant FTI Workshops and developing a detailed project plan. Funding for up to 20 hours of student worker production support for your project is also available, as well as ongoing support during the 2022-23 academic year.
Participants will be required to:
- Attend FTI sessions as appropriate for individual project development
- Redesign an upcoming course to incorporate your project work
- Participate in the Faculty Technology Showcase on December 12th, 2022.
To apply, complete the online proposal form. The proposal should provide a brief description (no more than one page) of your project. Please specify the course you wish to improve, the type of course content (video, documents, audio, etc.), and what resources you anticipate will be needed to complete your project.
Proposal evaluation will begin on April 20th, 2022. Late applications will be considered as funding allows. Please contact anyone in Educational Technology with questions.