March 04, 2022
EdTech Spring News Review
Here’s a rundown of EdTech spring news worth revisiting.
Our Moodle Resources Page helpsheets and video links have been updated to match our current Moodle version (3.11).
- Google Ending Unlimited Storage for Schools: In a major change to its offering for schools and students, Google will no longer offer unlimited storage to educational institutions beginning in July of 2022.
- Announcing our Spring Cleaning Campaign: We are undertaking a multi-pronged effort to reduce our data storage in Google, which will include finding alternative storage solutions, deleting suspended accounts, and reducing individual storage.
- Mobile and Remote Labs Update: Information Technology continues to move forward with our plan to offer flexible computer lab options for the Spring 2022 term with a combination of remote and mobile labs.
- A Spring 2022 Zoom Review: review some important Zoom feature additions and updates from the past year that you may have missed.
- Zoom Updates Required for Spring 2022: Information Technology will adjust Zoom admin settings so that all Lewis & Clark Zoom accounts will be required to upgrade to at least version 5.9.0.
- Save the Date! Faculty Technology Institute - May 16-20: Save the date for the 2022 Faculty Technology Institute, which will take place the week of May 16-20.
- 2022 Faculty Technology Institute Deep Dive Application: The 2022 Faculty Technology Institute Deep Dive project track will focus on providing instructors the tools and resources needed to make course content more accessible for all learners.
Your EdTech People
- Miranda, Justin, Julio, and Patti