All Employees Must Complete Annual Wildfire Smoke Training by July 22
On July 1, 2022, Oregon’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) permanently adopted MANDATORY ANNUAL training for all employees who may be exposed to unhealthy or hazardous air quality during periods of wildfire smoke. This permanent rule is very similar to the temporary standard adopted in August 2021, with a few key changes.
Please note: This training is separate from the heat awareness training that was issued on June 15, which initially had the incorrect title in the Workday announcement but was later corrected. Both trainings are now mandatory on an annual basis.
All Lewis & Clark employees—including student employees—must review the OSHA Wildfire Smoke Presentation prior to completing this knowledge check quiz. A minimum passing score of 70% is required.
Please log into Workday and select your inbox (in the upper right hand corner) and look for an item labeled Smoke Protection Training. Please review this mandatory training module and complete the quiz by Friday, July 22, 2022.
Notification of hazardous wildfire smoke will occur via Lewis & Clark’s Emergency Notification System, which will send a message to your designated email and text message platforms. Please make sure your contact information is current in Workday by following these steps:
- Log into Workday - https://wd5.myworkday.com/lewisandclark/
- Select “Personal Information” from the main menu.
- In the “Change” column on the left, click on the top button, “Contact Information.”
- Review all of your contact information.
- Click on the oval “edit” button on the top of the screen to change, update, or add information. Please be sure that your mobile phone number is accurate. Add your personal email address as an “additional email” if you wish to receive Lewis & Clark College emergency notifications from your personal email address.
For more information, please contact Occupational Health and Safety Manager Jason Holmgren (email@example.com).