December 12, 2022
Memorable Stories of 2022
Take a look back at some of the undergraduate college’s biggest stories of the year.
This was another banner year for Lewis & Clark. Here’s a sampling of popular stories from the undergraduate college:
- The inauguration of Dr. Robin Holmes-Sullivan as the 26th president of Lewis & Clark
- The renovation of Templeton Campus Center
- New leaders join L&C: Dr. Evette Castillo Clark, vice president for student life and dean of students, and Dr. Danielle Torres, dean of equity and inclusion
- The launch of the Earth system science minor
- An interdisciplinary team creates Cascadia 9.0, a video game to enhance earthquake preparedness
- Drew Blauth BA ’23 wins a Goldwater Scholarship and four Fulbright winners circle the globe as researchers and teachers
- At a five-state conference, the M.J. Murdock Charitable Trust recognized the outstanding science research of Associate Professor of Biology Margaret Metz, Jack Waite BA ’23, and Sofia Reeves BA ’23
- L&C’s speech and debate squad excels in national and regional competition
- Varsity men’s soccer returns to L&C
- Portland’s Resonance Ensemble, led by Professor Kathy FitzGibbon, worked with artist-composer Damien Geter to present An African American Requiem, a bold, thought-provoking musical response to violence against African Americans in the United States
- Monica Lewinsky BS ’95 makes a return visit to campus
- L&C celebrates landmark anniversaries for the student newspaper (80th), the overseas study program (60th), the Academic English Studies program (50th), and more!