Multimedia: Symposium searches for solutions to global disorder
March 26, 2010
The 2010 International Affairs Symposium won’t offer any easy prescriptions for world peace—and that is just how the student organizers want it.
Instead, the three-day event will offer a series of dynamic discussions revealing the range of complex issues that threaten global stability. Nationally renowned experts will gather at Lewis & Clark to debate topics such as nuclear proliferation, the effectiveness of diplomacy, and the East/West power struggle.
In the following video, the symposium co-chairs and members of the steering committee discuss the symposium theme, “Global (Dis)Order: Searching for Solutions in a Changing World,” and the importance of education and communication in creating global stability.
- For complete event descriptions and details, please visit the symposium website.
- For additional questions, please contact Amy Timmins, 503-768-7630.
- Discuss the event on the official Facebook event page.
- Take a look at images from previous symposia on Flickr.
- Use #IAsymp to join in the conversation on Twitter.