Columbia Gorge Waterfall Hike
Come join us on an excursion to see some of the many spectacular waterfalls that tumble down into the breathtaking Columbia River Gorge. The natural power and beauty of these waterfalls has to be seen to be believed. Plus, getting there is half the fun- we’ll roam trails thick with moss, ferns, and towering trees, with plenty of time to stop and enjoy the views.
How to Register
- Friday, September 23rd, 2022 for #1
- Friday, October 14th, 2022 for #2
- Friday, October 28th, 2022 for #3
Trip Fee: $35 / $17*
*If you qualify for any federal financial aid, the trip fee is cut in half thanks to scholarship funding from ASLC. We accept cash, checks, credit/debit cards, and apple/samsung/google pay.
How to Sign Up:
Beginning August 2022:
To register for a trip, stop by the College Outdoors pop-up desk in front of Fields Dining Hall (aka, “the Bon”). The desk is staffed weekdays 11:30am-1:30pm and 4:30pm-6:30pm.
Trip TypeDay Trip
No experience necessary! This trip is a great option for anyone who wants to see some of Oregon’s natural wonders, but may or may not have any experience in the outdoors. We’ll plan to hike short stretches of 1-3 miles, with plenty of time to take in the scenery.
Participants should be prepared to spend several hours outdoors walking on uneven terrain carrying day packs. This trip lends itself well to a wide variety of accessibility accommodations, including mobility accommodations. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect
- ☐ Sleeping indoors
- ☐ Sleeping outdoors
- ☐ Electricity
- ☐ Wifi
- ☑ Cell phone service
- ☐ Heating
- ☐ Beds
- ☑ Bathrooms
- ☐ Gender-inclusive bathrooms
- ☐ Showers
- ☐ Wheelchair accessible
- ☑ Food for any Dietary Restrictions
College Outdoors trips have a Pre-Trip Meeting (PTM) prior to the trip to help you prepare, which takes place at the Sequoia warehouse on the Graduate Campus.
At this meeting you’ll meet the trip leaders and other participants, learn more about the trip activity, location, and schedule, and be given a packing list of everything you need for your trip. The trip leaders and Sequoia staff will then help you find and borrow anything on the packing list that you’d like to borrow. We have high-quality outdoor clothing and equipment, and it’s all free to use for your trip!
If you miss a Pre-Trip Meeting, check your email for important info you missed.
Sequoia is the College Outdoors warehouse, located on the Graduate Campus. Everything you’ll need is available for free when you come on a College Outdoors Trip. At Sequoia you will find:
- Clothing needed for your trip, including any relevant outerwear and specialty items needed for the activity. Sizes range from XS - XXL and come in gendered an non-gendered designs.
- Gear needed for your trip, such as sleeping bags, backpacks, water bottles, and much much more.
- Equipment such as tents, cookware, first-aid kits, and boats, which trip leaders will pack for each trip as needed.
- Gender-neutral bathrooms, which can also be used as changing rooms.
- Staff available to answer your questions.