Hike & Stand Up Paddleboard Camping Trip
Towards the eastern end of the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area you can experience the best of both Northwest ecosystems: arid deserts and lush forests with waterfalls! We’ll stay at a campground at Horesthief Lake, and spend time stand up paddleboarding (SUPing) and hiking nearby trails. You’ll see towering columnar basalt cliffs, striking waterfalls, and colorful wildflowers in full bloom! We’ll sleep in tents (solo or shared, your preference) and cook meals outdoors. Read the detailed trip description to learn more.
Review our plans, participant expectations, and procedures for COVID-19 mitigation:
Dates: Saturday, May 8 - Wednesday, May 12, 2021
Cost: $50 - $295. Need-based financial aid is applied on a sliding scale for those who qualify.
This is a brand new trip for us, but you can check you pictures from other times we’ve been to this area!
- Ethnobotany & Wildflowers Hike Spring 2019
- Climbing at Horse Thief Butte Fall 2018
- Gorge Waterfall Hike Fall 2019-2
- Gorge Waterfall Hike Fall 2019-1
- Hike & SUP the Columbia Gorge NST 2019
- Hike & SUP the Columbia Gorge NST 2018a
- Hike & SUP the Columbia Gorge NST 2018b
- Hike & SUP the Columbia Gorge NST 2017