Hike & Surf the Oregon Coast
Surf & SUP NST
The Northwest Oregon Coast is a dramatic landscape of cliffs, beaches, rainforest, tide pools, and mountains. On this unique trip we’ll be staying at a rustic camp, which will serve as our home base for days of hiking and 2 days of Surf lessons! You’ll get to experience all of the best parts of the Oregon coast: gorgeous forests, beaches, and bluffs for hiking, and sandy beaches with fun waves for surfing. You’ll stay at a camp-type facility, with beds in rustic cabins, showers, bathrooms, and a dining hall. You’ll spend time bonding with your small group, and also meet other new students who’s trip is based at this location. Come see why the Oregon Coast is a premiere destination for outdoor enthusiasts! Read the detailed trip description to learn more (coming soon).
(actual itinerary will be adjusted to the weather and group)
- Thursday: Arrive to campus in the morning, meet your group and collect any outdoor gear you are borrowing from College Outdoors. Eat lunch on campus, then drive about about 2 hours to Camp Kiwanilong.
- Friday: Surf Lesson! Learn to surf, and spend time on the beach. Evening games with the other Hike & Surf group.
- Saturday: Hike 4-6 miles through the lush temperate rainforest to views of the ocean. Evening games with the other Hike & Surf group.
- Sunday: Surf Lesson! Build your surfing skills, and spend time on the beach. LC Night to learn about Lewis & Clark from current students.
- Monday: Explore more of the Oregon Coast with a 4-6 mile hike. Evening games and reflection.
- Tuesday: Pack up camp, return to campus, move into dorms.
Dates: Thurs, Aug. 24 - Tuesday, Aug. 29, 2023
Cost: $1095. Need-based financial aid is applied on a sliding scale for those who qualify. Vegan and non-medical specialty diets have an additional $30 charge. Vegetarian diets and special diets due to food allergies do not have an additional fee.
Trip Type: Cabins
These forms can be completed only after you have received a trip placement email, and are due by Wednesday, June 29th.
Upload your Vax card to the LC Patient portal by Wednesday, June 29th.
This is the first year we’ve offered Surfing & SUPing in the same trip, check out these pictures from previous trips:
- Surf & SUP Coast NST 2021a and 2021b
- Surf & Hike Coast NST 2019a
- Surf & Hike Coast NST 2019b
- Surf & Hike Cost NST 2019c
- Hike & SUP Coast NST 2019a
- Hike & SUP Coast NST 2019b
- Surf & Hike Coast NST 2018a
- Surf & Hike Coast NST 2018b
- Surf & Hike Coast NST 2018c
- Hike & SUP Coast NST 2018a
- Hike & SUP Coast NST 2018b
- Surf & Hike Coast NST 2017
- Surf & Hike Coast NST 2016
- Surf & Hike Coast NST 2015
- Surf & Hike Coast NST 2014