Hike & Paddle Oregon’s Alps
Wallowas SUP NST
Hike and Paddle in the Wallowa Mountains, known as “Oregon’s Swiss Alps”! Different from the Cascade Mountains, the jagged Wallowa Mountains in Northeastern Oregon reach up to nearly 10,000 feet and are similar to the Rockies. This trip provides amazing outdoor activities each day; paddling on Wallowa Lake, and spectacular rugged hikes into the Eagle Cap Wilderness, known as the “crown jewel” of the Wallowa Mountains. Of course, there will also be time to relax, swim in the lake, and get to know the other new students on your trip. You will stay at a summer camp type facility, with access to showers and flush toilets. This camp we stay at cannot accommodate gluten allergies or strict vegan diets. Read the detailed trip description to learn more (coming soon).
(actual itinerary will be adjusted to the weather and group)
Tuesday: Arrive to campus in the morning, meet your group and collect any outdoor gear you are borrowing from College Outdoors. Eat lunch on campus, then drive about 7hrs to the camp.
- Wednesday: Morning paddle, afternoon hike.
- Thursday: Games and morning paddle, longer afternoon hike.
- Friday: Morning paddle, beach day and games, LC night! Learn about L&C from current students.
- Saturday: Explore nearby town, eat at food trucks, sunset paddle.
- Sunday: Ride the tram for mountain views, short hike.
- Monday: Morning hike, group cleanup, campfire skits and games with the groups returning from backpacking.
- Tuesday: Return to campus, clean up gear, move into your residence hall, and eat one last meal with your group!
Dates: Tuesday, Aug. 22 - Tuesday, Aug. 29, 2023
Cost: $875. Need-based financial aid is applied on a sliding scale for those who qualify.
Food: Vegan and gluten-free diets cannot be accommodated on this trip.
Trip Type: Cabins
These forms can be completed only after you have received a trip placement email, and are due by Wednesday, June 29th.
Upload your Vax card to the LC Patient portal by Wednesday, June 29th.