Edible Plants & Ethnobotany (on campus)
Trips to be scheduled.
Spend an afternoon getting to know the plants that grow right in your own LC backyard! We’ll spend about 90 minutes exploring the natural spaces around campus, while learning about traditional, medicinal, and other uses of plant species. Find out which plants are edible, and which are poisonous!
How to Register
- Friday, September 8th, 2023
- Trip Fee: $5 / $2*
*We have a limited amount of scholarships available based on financial need. If you qualify, he trip fee is cut in half thanks to scholarship funding from ASB. We accept cash, checks, credit/debit cards, and apple/samsung/google pay.
How to Sign Up:
To register for a trip, stop by the College Outdoors office in Fowler 244. We’re open Mon - Thur 9am-5pm, and Fridays 9am-3pm.
When trips are first posted on Fridays, you can write your name on the paper trip sign-up sheet to save your spot until the following Tuesday at 5pm. You can pay to secure your spot right away, or return to pay by that following Tuesday at 5pm. After that, all trips spots are first-paid, first-served.
- On Campus
- Day Trip
- Environmental Ed
No experience necessary! The hiking pace and rigor will be tailored to the group and weather conditions.
What to Expect
- ☐ Sleeping indoors
- ☐ Sleeping outdoors
- ☐ Electricity
- ☐ Wifi
- ☑ Cell phone service
- ☐ Heating
- ☐ Beds
- ☐ Bathrooms
- ☐ Gender-inclusive bathrooms
- ☐ Showers
- ☐ Wheelchair accessible
- ☐ Food for any Dietary Restrictions
Sequoia is the College Outdoors warehouse, located on the Graduate Campus. Everything you’ll need is available for free when you come on a College Outdoors Trip. At Sequoia you will find:
- Clothing needed for your trip, including any relevant outerwear and specialty items needed for the activity. Sizes range from XS - XXL and come in gendered an non-gendered designs.
- Gear needed for your trip, such as sleeping bags, backpacks, water bottles, and much much more.
- Equipment such as tents, cookware, first-aid kits, and boats, which trip leaders will pack for each trip as needed.
- Gender-neutral bathrooms, which can also be used as changing rooms.
- Staff available to answer your questions.