Edible Plants & Ethnobotany (on campus)
Spend an afternoon getting to know the plants that grow right in your own LC backyard! We’ll spend about 2 hours exploring the natural spaces around campus, while learning about traditional, medicinal, and other uses of plant species. Find out which plants are edible, and which are poisonous!
How to Register
- Friday, August 27th, 2021 for #1
- Friday, September 24th, 2021 for #2
Trip Fee: $5 / $2*
*If you qualify for any federal financial aid, the trip fee is cut in half thanks to scholarship funding from ASLC. We accept cash, checks, credit/debit cards, and apple/samsung/google pay.
To register for a trip, stop by the College Outdoors office in Templeton 244 or call us at 503-768-7116 once registration is open. Some trips fill up fast! The registration process can be a bit confusing your first time, you can learn more by reading How to Sign Up for a College Outdoors Trip.
Trip TypeDay Trip
No experience necessary! The hiking pace and rigor will be tailored to the group and weather conditions.
- ☐ Sleeping indoors
- ☐ Sleeping outdoors
- ☐ Electricity
- ☐ Wifi
- ☐ Cell phone service
- ☐ Heating
- ☐ Beds
- ☐ Bathrooms
- ☐ Gender-inclusive bathrooms
- ☐ Showers
- ☐ Wheelchair accessible
- ☐ Food for any Dietary Restrictions
Sequoia is the College Outdoors warehouse, located on the Graduate Campus. Everything you’ll need is available for free when you come on a College Outdoors Trip. At Sequoia you will find:
- Clothing needed for your trip, including any relevant outerwear and specialty items needed for the activity. Sizes range from XS - XXL and come in gendered an non-gendered designs.
- Gear needed for your trip, such as sleeping bags, backpacks, water bottles, and much much more.
- Equipment such as tents, cookware, first-aid kits, and boats, which trip leaders will pack for each trip as needed.
- Gender-neutral bathrooms, which can also be used as changing rooms.
- Staff available to answer your questions.