Basket Weaving with natural materials (on campus)
Trips to be scheduled.
Learn how to make baskets out of English ivy, one of the most invasive plant species in Oregon. This is not only a fun craft, but also a great thing to do with this pretty vine that can take over forests understories and even strangle trees.We’ll meet at the Sequoia warehouse building, and craft outdoors, weather permitting.
How to Register
Registration opens: Friday, September 15th 2023
Trip Fee: $5 / $2*
*We have a limited amount of scholarships available based on financial need. If you qualify, he trip fee is cut in half thanks to scholarship funding from ASB. We accept cash, checks, credit/debit cards, and apple/samsung/google pay.
How to Sign Up:
To register for a trip, stop by the College Outdoors office in Fowler 244. We’re open Mon - Thur 9am-5pm, and Fridays 9am-3pm.
When trips are first posted on Fridays, you can write your name on the paper trip sign-up sheet to save your spot until the following Tuesday at 5pm. You can pay to secure your spot right away, or return to pay by that following Tuesday at 5pm. After that, all trips spots are first-paid, first-served.
- On Campus
No experience necessary! We’ll teach you everything you need to know about basket weaving.
What to Expect
- ☐ Sleeping indoors
- ☐ Sleeping outdoors
- ☑ Electricity
- ☑ Wifi
- ☑ Cell phone service
- ☐ Heating
- ☐ Beds
- ☑ Bathrooms
- ☑ Gender-inclusive bathrooms
- ☐ Showers
- ☑ Wheelchair accessible
- ☐ Food for any Dietary Restrictions
Sequoia is the College Outdoors warehouse, located on the Graduate Campus. Everything you’ll need is available for free when you come on a College Outdoors Trip. At Sequoia you will find:
- Clothing needed for your trip, including any relevant outerwear and specialty items needed for the activity. Sizes range from XS - XXL and come in gendered an non-gendered designs.
- Gear needed for your trip, such as sleeping bags, backpacks, water bottles, and much much more.
- Equipment such as tents, cookware, first-aid kits, and boats, which trip leaders will pack for each trip as needed.
- Gender-neutral bathrooms, which can also be used as changing rooms.
- Staff available to answer your questions.