Basket Weaving with natural materials (on campus)
Trips to be scheduled.
Learn how to make baskets out of English ivy, one of the most invasive plant species in Oregon. This is not only a fun craft, but also a great thing to do with this pretty vine that can take over forests understories and even strangle trees.
How to Register
Registration opens: Friday, September 3rd, 2021
Trip Fee: $5 / $2*
*If you qualify for any federal financial aid, the trip fee is cut in half thanks to scholarship funding from ASLC. We accept cash, checks, credit/debit cards, and apple/samsung/google pay.
To register for a trip, stop by the College Outdoors office in Templeton 244 or call us at 503-768-7116 once registration is open. Some trips fill up fast! The registration process can be a bit confusing your first time, you can learn more by reading How to Sign Up for a College Outdoors Trip.
No experience necessary! We’ll teach you everything you need to know about basket weaving.
- ☐ Sleeping indoors
- ☐ Sleeping outdoors
- ☐ Electricity
- ☐ Wifi
- ☐ Cell phone service
- ☐ Heating
- ☐ Beds
- ☐ Bathrooms
- ☐ Gender-inclusive bathrooms
- ☐ Showers
- ☐ Wheelchair accessible
- ☐ Food for any Dietary Restrictions
Sequoia is the College Outdoors warehouse, located on the Graduate Campus. Everything you’ll need is available for free when you come on a College Outdoors Trip. At Sequoia you will find:
- Clothing needed for your trip, including any relevant outerwear and specialty items needed for the activity. Sizes range from XS - XXL and come in gendered an non-gendered designs.
- Gear needed for your trip, such as sleeping bags, backpacks, water bottles, and much much more.
- Equipment such as tents, cookware, first-aid kits, and boats, which trip leaders will pack for each trip as needed.
- Gender-neutral bathrooms, which can also be used as changing rooms.
- Staff available to answer your questions.