Hike Washington State’s High Desert
Explore the dry side of the Columbia River Gorge east of Hood River. This dramatic landscape, sculpted by the largest floods in earth’s geologic history, has spectacular hiking trails, stunning viewpoints, and usually a good supply of sunshine!
How to Register
Friday, January 20th, 2023 for 1
Friday, February 3rd, 2023 for 2
Trip Fee: $38 / $20*
*If you qualify for any federal financial aid, the trip fee is cut in half thanks to scholarship funding from ASLC. We accept cash, checks, credit/debit cards, and apple/samsung/google pay.
How to Sign Up:
To register for a trip, stop by the College Outdoors pop-up desk in East Hall, outside the office for the Vice President of Student Life, by Maggie’s Courtyard. The desk is staffed Monday - Friday 11:30am-1:30pm, and Monday - Thursday 4pm-6pm.
When trips are first posted on Fridays, you can write your name on the paper trip sign-up sheet to save your spot until the following Tuesday at 5pm. You can pay to secure your spot right away, or return to pay by that following Tuesday at 5pm. After that, all trips spots are first-paid, first-served.
- Day Trip
No experience necessary! This trip is a great option for anyone who wants to see some of Oregon’s natural wonders, but may or may not have any experience in the outdoors. We’ll plan to hike short stretches of 1-3 miles, with plenty of time to take in the scenery.
Participants should be prepared to spend several hours outdoors walking on uneven terrain carrying day packs. This trip lends itself well to a wide variety of accessibility accommodations, including mobility accommodations. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect
- ☐ Sleeping indoors
- ☐ Sleeping outdoors
- ☐ Electricity
- ☐ Wifi
- ☐ Cell phone service
- ☐ Heating
- ☐ Beds
- ☑ Bathrooms
- ☐ Gender-inclusive bathrooms
- ☐ Showers
- ☐ Wheelchair accessible
- ☑ Food for any Dietary Restrictions
Sequoia is the College Outdoors warehouse, located on the Graduate Campus. Everything you’ll need is available for free when you come on a College Outdoors Trip. At Sequoia you will find:
- Clothing needed for your trip, including any relevant outerwear and specialty items needed for the activity. Sizes range from XS - XXL and come in gendered an non-gendered designs.
- Gear needed for your trip, such as sleeping bags, backpacks, water bottles, and much much more.
- Equipment such as tents, cookware, first-aid kits, and boats, which trip leaders will pack for each trip as needed.
- Gender-neutral bathrooms, which can also be used as changing rooms.
- Staff available to answer your questions.