Mt Hood Day Hike
Thomas Shahan (via Wikipedia)
|Come hike in fall colors on the slopes of Oregon’s tallest mountain, known to indiginous people as “Wy’East.” Depending on the weather, we’ll head to a great hike for the day. It may be the wetter, heavily vegetated western side that we start in, or the eastern, drier side of Mt Hood. In either case, we plan to hike up to timberline for great views. We’ll be in the Mt Hood Wilderness for a good portion of the trip. Expect the drive to the trailhead is about an hour and a half or perhaps 1:45 min from campus.|
How to Register
- Friday, September 23rd, 2022
Trip Fee: $45 / $22*
*If you qualify for any federal financial aid, the trip fee is cut in half thanks to scholarship funding from ASLC. We accept cash, checks, credit/debit cards, and apple/samsung/google pay.
How to Sign Up:
Beginning August 2022:
To register for a trip, stop by the College Outdoors pop-up desk in front of Fields Dining Hall (aka, “the Bon”). The desk is staffed weekdays 11:30am-1:30pm and 4:30pm-6:30pm.
Trip TypeDay Trip|Hiking
No experience necessary! Participants should be prepared to hike 3-6 miles outdoors on uneven trails, carrying day packs. Hiking distance and speed will vary based on the group and weather conditions.
Accessibility accommodations are available, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect
- ☐ Sleeping indoors
- ☐ Sleeping outdoors
- ☐ Electricity
- ☐ Wifi
- ☑ Cell phone service
- ☐ Heating
- ☐ Beds
- ☑ Bathrooms
- ☐ Gender-inclusive bathrooms
- ☐ Showers
- ☐ Wheelchair accessible
- ☑ Food for any Dietary Restrictions
College Outdoors trips have a Pre-Trip Meeting (PTM) prior to the trip to help you prepare, which takes place at the Sequoia warehouse on the Graduate Campus.
At this meeting you’ll meet the trip leaders and other participants, learn more about the trip activity, location, and schedule, and be given a packing list of everything you need for your trip. The trip leaders and Sequoia staff will then help you find and borrow anything on the packing list that you’d like to borrow. We have high-quality outdoor clothing and equipment, and it’s all free to use for your trip!
If you miss a Pre-Trip Meeting, check your email for important info you missed.
Sequoia is the College Outdoors warehouse, located on the Graduate Campus. Everything you’ll need is available for free when you come on a College Outdoors Trip. At Sequoia you will find:
- Clothing needed for your trip, including any relevant outerwear and specialty items needed for the activity. Sizes range from XS - XXL and come in gendered an non-gendered designs.
- Gear needed for your trip, such as sleeping bags, backpacks, water bottles, and much much more.
- Equipment such as tents, cookware, first-aid kits, and boats, which trip leaders will pack for each trip as needed.
- Gender-neutral bathrooms, which can also be used as changing rooms.
- Staff available to answer your questions.