Backcountry Navigation Snowshoe Day Trip
Trips to be scheduled.
Explore the backcountry of Oregon’s tallest volcano by snowshoe! This clinic establishes an understanding of the tools and basic map & compass navigation skills required for outdoor exploration. The knowledge you can gain can form an important part of your leadership development, and is useful for anyone who loves to take outdoor trips. Snowshoeing takes a fair amount of energy, but it is great exercise and doesn’t require any previous experience.
Trip TypeDay Trip|Snowshoeing
No experience necessary! This trip is a great option for anyone who wants to see some of Oregon’s natural wonders during the winter, but may or may not have any experience in the outdoors. We’ll plan to hike for 2-4 hours, with plenty of time to take in the snowy scenery and admire Mt. Hood’s beauty.
Participants should be prepared to spend several hours outdoors walking on uneven an snowy terrain carrying day packs. This trip can make accessibility accommodations as needed. Contact email@example.com.
What to Expect
- ☐ Sleeping indoors
- ☐ Sleeping outdoors
- ☐ Electricity
- ☐ Wifi
- ☐ Cell phone service
- ☐ Heating
- ☐ Beds
- ☑ Bathrooms
- ☐ Gender-inclusive bathrooms
- ☐ Showers
- ☐ Wheelchair accessible
- ☑ Food for any Dietary Restrictions
College Outdoors trips have a Pre-Trip Meeting (PTM) prior to the trip to help you prepare, which takes place at the Sequoia warehouse on the Graduate Campus.
At this meeting you’ll meet the trip leaders and other participants, learn more about the trip activity, location, and schedule, and be given a packing list of everything you need for your trip. The trip leaders and Sequoia staff will then help you find and borrow anything on the packing list that you’d like to borrow. We have high-quality outdoor clothing and equipment, and it’s all free to use for your trip!
If you miss a Pre-Trip Meeting, check your email for important info you missed.
Sequoia is the College Outdoors warehouse, located on the Graduate Campus. Everything you’ll need is available for free when you come on a College Outdoors Trip. At Sequoia you will find:
- Clothing needed for your trip, including any relevant outerwear and specialty items needed for the activity. Sizes range from XS - XXL and come in gendered an non-gendered designs.
- Gear needed for your trip, such as sleeping bags, backpacks, water bottles, and much much more.
- Equipment such as tents, cookware, first-aid kits, and boats, which trip leaders will pack for each trip as needed.
- Gender-neutral bathrooms, which can also be used as changing rooms.
- Staff available to answer your questions.