Trail Running in Tryon (4-5 miles)
Trips to be scheduled.
Join us for a casual run along the trails in Tryon Creek State Park!
Group runs are fun, rewarding, and empowering, and there is no better place for a trail run than beautiful Tryon Creek State Park! We’ll meet on the balcony outside of the College Outdoors office (2nd floor Templeton) and head out for about a 4-5 mile trail run. The trails are mostly uneven, sometimes steep, and can be muddy if there is rain. This makes the run a lot of fun!
We’ll plan to run at about an 9ish minute per mile pace, adjusting as necessary for the terrain and the group.
How to Register
- Friday, October 1st for #1
Trip Fee: $5 / $2*
*If you qualify for any federal financial aid, the trip fee is cut in half thanks to scholarship funding from ASLC. We accept cash, checks, credit/debit cards, and apple/samsung/google pay.
To register for a trip, stop by the College Outdoors office in Templeton 244 or call us at 503-768-7116 once registration is open. Some trips fill up fast! The registration process can be a bit confusing your first time, you can learn more by reading How to Sign Up for a College Outdoors Trip.
Trip TypeOn Campus|Day Trip
No experience necessary, but you should plan to run at about a 9 minute per mile pace.
What to Expect
- ☐ Sleeping indoors
- ☐ Sleeping outdoors
- ☐ Electricity
- ☐ Wifi
- ☑ Cell phone service
- ☐ Heating
- ☐ Beds
- ☑ Bathrooms
- ☐ Gender-inclusive bathrooms
- ☐ Showers
- ☐ Wheelchair accessible
- ☐ Food for any Dietary Restrictions
Sequoia is the College Outdoors warehouse, located on the Graduate Campus. Everything you’ll need is available for free when you come on a College Outdoors Trip. At Sequoia you will find:
- Clothing needed for your trip, including any relevant outerwear and specialty items needed for the activity. Sizes range from XS - XXL and come in gendered an non-gendered designs.
- Gear needed for your trip, such as sleeping bags, backpacks, water bottles, and much much more.
- Equipment such as tents, cookware, first-aid kits, and boats, which trip leaders will pack for each trip as needed.
- Gender-neutral bathrooms, which can also be used as changing rooms.
- Staff available to answer your questions.