Crabbing with Prof. Erik Nilsen
Trips to be scheduled.
Join psychology professor Erik Nilsen in a boat! Learn how to catch tasty Dungeness crabs out of Nehalem Bay, and cook them up for dinner at the Oregon Coast before driving back to campus Saturday night.
How to Register
Friday, February 24th
Trip Fee: $55 / $27*
*If you qualify for any federal financial aid, the trip fee is cut in half thanks to scholarship funding from ASLC. We accept cash, checks, credit/debit cards, and apple/samsung/google pay.
How to Sign Up:
Beginning Feb. 7th, 2022:
To register for a trip, stop by the College Outdoors desk on the first floor of East Hall, across from Maggie’s and right outside the office of the Vice President of Student Life. The desk is staffed weekdays 11:30am-1:30pm and 4pm-6pm.
Trip TypeDay Trip
No experience necessary! This trip is a great option for anyone who wants to see & taste some of Oregon’s natural wonders, but may or may not have any experience in the outdoors.
Participants should be prepared to spend several hours sitting in a boat. This trip lends itself well to a wide variety of accessibility accommodations, including mobility accommodations. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect
- ☐ Sleeping indoors
- ☐ Sleeping outdoors
- ☐ Electricity
- ☐ Wifi
- ☑ Cell phone service
- ☐ Heating
- ☐ Beds
- ☑ Bathrooms
- ☐ Gender-inclusive bathrooms
- ☐ Showers
- ☐ Wheelchair accessible
- ☑ Food for any Dietary Restrictions
College Outdoors trips have a Pre-Trip Meeting (PTM) prior to the trip to help you prepare, which takes place at the Sequoia warehouse on the Graduate Campus.
At this meeting you’ll meet the trip leaders and other participants, learn more about the trip activity, location, and schedule, and be given a packing list of everything you need for your trip. The trip leaders and Sequoia staff will then help you find and borrow anything on the packing list that you’d like to borrow. We have high-quality outdoor clothing and equipment, and it’s all free to use for your trip!
If you miss a Pre-Trip Meeting, check your email for important info you missed.
Sequoia is the College Outdoors warehouse, located on the Graduate Campus. Everything you’ll need is available for free when you come on a College Outdoors Trip. At Sequoia you will find:
- Clothing needed for your trip, including any relevant outerwear and specialty items needed for the activity. Sizes range from XS - XXL and come in gendered an non-gendered designs.
- Gear needed for your trip, such as sleeping bags, backpacks, water bottles, and much much more.
- Equipment such as tents, cookware, first-aid kits, and boats, which trip leaders will pack for each trip as needed.
- Gender-neutral bathrooms, which can also be used as changing rooms.
- Staff available to answer your questions.