IME Picnic at the Coast
Trips to be scheduled.
|College Outdoors (CO) and Inclusion & Multicultural Engagement (IME) are partnering to offer a trip to the spectacular Oregon Coast! You’ll see sandy beaches, waves crashing against rocky bluffs, old growth forest, and shorebirds. We’ll meet at 8:30am for breakfast, before driving about 2hrs to the ocean. We’ll eat a picnic lunch on the beach, and have time to explore the coastline, hike, or play games. Join us for a fun day at the coast!|
How to Register
Registration opens: Friday, September 9th, 2022
Trip Fee: $12 / $6*
*If you qualify for any federal financial aid, the trip fee is cut in half thanks to scholarship funding from ASLC. We accept cash, checks, credit/debit cards, and apple/samsung/google pay.
How to Sign Up:
Beginning August 2022:
To register for a trip, stop by the College Outdoors pop-up desk in front of Fields Dining Hall (aka, “the Bon”). The desk is staffed weekdays 11:30am-1:30pm and 4:30pm-6:30pm.
Trip TypeDay Trip
No experience necessary! We’ll be strolling on sandy beaches and unpaved trails.
Accessibility accommodations are available, contact email@example.com
What to Expect
- ☐ Sleeping indoors
- ☐ Sleeping outdoors
- ☐ Electricity
- ☐ Wifi
- ☑ Cell phone service
- ☐ Heating
- ☐ Beds
- ☑ Bathrooms
- ☐ Gender-inclusive bathrooms
- ☐ Showers
- ☐ Wheelchair accessible
- ☐ Food for any Dietary Restrictions
Sequoia is the College Outdoors warehouse, located on the Graduate Campus. Everything you’ll need is available for free when you come on a College Outdoors Trip. At Sequoia you will find:
- Clothing needed for your trip, including any relevant outerwear and specialty items needed for the activity. Sizes range from XS - XXL and come in gendered an non-gendered designs.
- Gear needed for your trip, such as sleeping bags, backpacks, water bottles, and much much more.
- Equipment such as tents, cookware, first-aid kits, and boats, which trip leaders will pack for each trip as needed.
- Gender-neutral bathrooms, which can also be used as changing rooms.
- Staff available to answer your questions.