Hike & Stand-Up Paddleboard Mt. Hood
Mt. Hood, or Wy’East, is a spectacular place to camp, hike, and stand-up paddleboard (SUP)! We’ll stay at Lost Lake Campground, where we will sleep in tents and work together to cook delicious meals over camp stoves. The campground has pit toilets. You’ll learn to SUP on the lake, and each day we’ll hike through towering trees to some spectacular views. Several groups will camp in the same area, so you’ll get to bond with your small group of 10 each day, and also meet other new students in the evenings. Read the detailed trip description to learn more.
(actual itinerary will be adjusted to the weather and group)
- Thursday: Arrive to campus in the morning, meet your group and collect any outdoor gear you are borrowing from College Outdoors. Eat lunch on campus, then drive about 2 hours to Lost Lake Campground.
- Friday: Explore the lake and Stand-Up Paddleboarding (SUPing). Evening games with other two Hike & SUP groups.
- Saturday: Hike a beautiful 3-4 miles around the lake through the trees. LC Night to learn about Lewis & Clark from current students.
- Sunday: SUP adventure: long paddle across the lake, weather permitting
- Monday: Short morning hike of 2-3 miles, group clean up. Evening games and skits with the Backpack Mt. Hood groups.
- Tuesday: Pack up camp, return to campus, move into dorms.
Dates: Thursday, Aug. 24 - Tuesday, Aug. 29, 2023
Cost: $950. Financial aid is applied for high-need students who qualify. Vegan and non-medical specialty diets have an additional $30 charge. Vegetarian diets and food allergies do not have an additional fee.
Trip Type: Camping
These forms can be completed only after you have received a trip placement email, and are due by Tuesday, June 20th. You will need to log into your L&C Portal to complete these forms.
This is a new trip for 2023! Check out pictures from a similar trip we offered in the past: