BIPOC Climb Night at PSU
No experience necessary – instruction, gear, and transportation are provided.
Join L&C students, PSU students, and other people of color as we build community at the Portland State University Climbing Center! It doesn’t matter if you are brand new to climbing or climb every day, this space is for you to make new friends, find a climbing partner, or just try something new. No previous experience necessary; instruction, gear, and transportation will be provided.
We’ll meet at the Sequoia Warehouse on the graduate campus at 4:30pm, and be back to L&C by 7:30pm.
How to Register
Registration Opens: Friday, Nov. 11th
Trip Fee: $10 / $5*
*If you qualify for any federal financial aid, the trip fee is cut in half thanks to scholarship funding from ASLC. We accept cash, checks, credit/debit cards, and apple/samsung/google pay.
How to Sign Up:
To register for a trip, stop by the College Outdoors pop-up desk in East Hall, outside the office for the Vice President of Student Life, by Maggie’s Courtyard. The desk is staffed Monday - Friday 11:30am-1:30pm, and Monday - Thursday 4pm-6pm.
When trips are first posted on Fridays, you can write your name on the paper trip sign-up sheet to save your spot until the following Tuesday at 5pm. You can pay to secure your spot right away, or return to pay by that following Tuesday at 5pm. After that, all trips spots are first-paid, first-served.
- Day Trip
No experience necessary! This event will be the perfect opportunity to learn how to climb or practice your skills.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for accessibility accommodations.
What to Expect
- ☐ Sleeping indoors
- ☐ Sleeping outdoors
- ☑ Electricity
- ☑ Wifi
- ☑ Cell phone service
- ☐ Heating
- ☐ Beds
- ☑ Bathrooms
- ☑ Gender-inclusive bathrooms
- ☐ Showers
- ☐ Wheelchair accessible
- ☐ Food for any Dietary Restrictions
Sequoia is the College Outdoors warehouse, located on the Graduate Campus. Everything you’ll need is available for free when you come on a College Outdoors Trip. At Sequoia you will find:
- Clothing needed for your trip, including any relevant outerwear and specialty items needed for the activity. Sizes range from XS - XXL and come in gendered an non-gendered designs.
- Gear needed for your trip, such as sleeping bags, backpacks, water bottles, and much much more.
- Equipment such as tents, cookware, first-aid kits, and boats, which trip leaders will pack for each trip as needed.
- Gender-neutral bathrooms, which can also be used as changing rooms.
- Staff available to answer your questions.