Sacred PNW: Spirituality, Social Justice, and Wellness
Sacred PNW NST
Explore your new home through spirituality, social justice and wellness! This program will give you the opportunity to get to know Portland’s sacred spaces through immersion in urban forests, visits to local gardens and spiritual communities, engagements with history and present day justice-seekers, and opportunities to practice some yoga, meditation, and play. You’ll also learn about community and Spiritual Life at L&C. You’ll stay on campus during this “trip” and we’ll spend lots of time venturing out into beautiful Portland! Read the detailed trip description to learn more.
Examples of Activities/Visits:
- Eloheh Indigenous Center for Earth Justice
- Portland Japanese Garden
- Explore Portland’s neighborhoods and delicious food scene
- Hikes and forest bathing in beautiful urban forests
- Guided yoga and meditation
- Learn about history and spiritual communities in Portland
- Attend a summer festival or street fair
- See some local favorite waterfalls
- Portland farmer’s markets
- Learn about Lewis and Clark’s resources
- Meet other students and professors at LC
- … and much more!
Dates: Thursday, Aug. 24 - Tuesday, Aug. 29, 2023
Cost: $900. Financial aid is applied for high-need students who qualify.
Trip Type: On-Campus
These forms can be completed only after you have received a trip placement email, and are due by Tuesday, June 20th. You will need to log into your Pioneer Portal to complete these forms.
This is a new trip for 2023!