I oversee all the Lewis & Clark public webpages, and I can help you with anything web-related. Questions/comments? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All content is easily accessible to anyone who needs it, on any device
- Content managers can easily maintain their sites and have the best tools to tell their stories
I started working for the Office of Public Affairs and Communications in October 2008 (and have been at Lewis & Clark since August 2007). I am the director of new media, meaning among other things I am your liaison to the LiveWhale content management system, the software that powers almost all of Lewis & Clark’s public webpages.
Under my guidance, Lewis & Clark has one of the finest websites among our peers. Among my accomplishments here:
- Helped move Lewis & Clark from an outdate Perl/text-based site to one based on MySQL/PHP, the cornerstone of the modern web
- Oversaw multiple design refreshes and assisted with a major redesign
- Moved the site from outdated “pinch-and-zoom” pages to responsive design to be legible on all devices
- Rebuilt the site analytics system into useful data collection
- Replaced an unsustainable Ruby-based search engine into a Google custom search with a new system for people results
- Moved the site to a more stable and cloud-based webserver
- Rebuilt all page templates and public web tools to significantly improve accessibility
I think that no other school in the country has a prettier campus than Lewis & Clark.
Lewis & Clark, 2007-today
Netraising Websites for Nonprofits, 2006-08
USC Provost Office, 2000-06
UCLA School of Education, 1999-2000
PhD (American literature and culture), Claremont Graduate University
MA (English), Cal-State Los Angeles
BA (English), Tulane