I live on campus and my roommate tested positive.
If your roommate tests positive for COVID, take the following steps.
1. If you meet any of the following criteria, Call Campus Safety (503-768-7855), and ask to be contacted to Campus Living staff. They will assist you in relocating to another room until your infected roommate has either 1) completed five days of isolation, and subsequently tested negative on an antigen test, or 2) has completed ten days of isolation:
- Unvaccinated, chronic lung disease, cystic fibrosis, severe asthma, chronic kidney disease, liver disease, heart failure, diabetes, pregnancy, cancer, organ transplant, actively taking immunosuppressive medications, HIV, primary immunodeficiency disease.
2. If none of the above conditions apply to you, you may either:
- Talk with a friend or your local family about moving into their residence while your roommate completes isolation.
- Stay in your own room while your roommate completes their isolation. We recommend taking these steps to reduce the risk of COVID transmission.
Go to a local hotel while your roommate completes their isolation. The cost of this solution is your responsibility.