The Business Office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Accounts Payable disburses payments to vendors, staff and students. Payments are made by check, electronically by direct deposit, and for reimbursements under $50.00, in cash.
Accounts Payable Schedule
Payments are processed by Accounts Payable once a week. Check Requests received by 12:00 PM on Friday are available the following Friday after 12:00 PM. Invoices are paid per the vendor terms when due. Completed check requests under $50.00 that are signed by the budget manager can be taken directly to Student and Departmental Account Services for cash reimbursement.
Check Requests submitted to the Business Office after Friday at noon will not be included in the check run.
Exceptions will be considered as follows:
- Requests for payment received on Friday afternoon or the following Monday: inclusion in the weekly run will be at the discretion of the AP staff. This will depend on the volume of work received before the cut-off.
- Requests for payment received on Tuesday or Wednesday: inclusion in the weekly run must be approved by Marietta Lawson (Director of Accounting) or Andrea Dooley (AVP of Finance/Controller).
- For all payment requests received after Friday at noon, it must be evident that making the payment that week is necessary, and that it had been impossible for the department to submit the request on time.
- Payment requests received on Thursday will not be included in the check run that week under any circumstances.
- Emergency checks: requests to issue payments on an emergency basis must be approved by Marietta Lawson (Director of Accounting) or Andrea Dooley (AVP of Finance/Controller). These will be approved only when the situation is urgent and immediate payment is necessary. The department will be assessed a $25 fee for each emergency check prepared.
If you have not enrolled in electronic payment for reimbursements, payment via paper check may be retrieved from Student and Departmental Account Services. Checks may be mailed to a home or business address. We do not mail checks through campus mail.
NEW -Electronic Expense Reimbursement - Sign Up Today on Web Advisor