RESTRICTED ACCESS WEBPAGE
Only students who received invitations may submit an application for this scholarship.
Every year, select students receive invitations to apply for the Mary Stuart Rogers Scholarship. Please be aware that your transcript and/or conduct records may be reviewed as part of the scholarship selection process.
Mary Stuart Rogers Scholarship
Sophomore and junior students who demonstrate sufficient financial need and meet the minimum 3.20 GPA requirement are invited to apply. U.S. citizens and permanent residents applying for this scholarship must file the 2021-2022 FAFSA online by February 15, 2021 to qualify.
Mary Stuart Rogers Scholars should possess personal qualities of dedication, integrity, compassion, sensitivity, self-discipline, and leadership. Award selection is based on these personal qualities, academic merit, responses to the application prompts, and faculty evaluation.
Selected students will receive a $5,000 scholarship towards Lewis & Clark tuition for the 2021-2022 academic year, and is renewable for up to one year.
Intent to Apply
Monday, February 1, 2021
- Choose a faculty member to submit a faculty evaluation on your behalf. Please see Etiquette for Requesting an Evaluation below.
- Once you have selected your faculty evaluator, submit your Intent to Apply by the deadline. Submission of this form will automatically notify your faculty evaluator via email with a link to the Faculty Evaluation Form.
- Review the MSR Scholarship Application, particularly the two essay prompts.
- Go to File > Save As and rename the file in the following format: Lastname.Firstname.MSR.pdf (Example: Smith.John.MSR.pdf).
- Complete the MSR Scholarship Application. Upload and submit the document via the Applicant Google Form.
- Ensure that your faculty evaluator submits the Faculty Evaluation via the Faculty Google Form by the deadline.
- All application materials must be received by the deadline. Late applications will not be accepted so be sure to allow enough time to properly upload your document and submit your application.
Note: Please check your spam folder if you do not receive a confirmation email after your application is submitted.
- Think about which faculty members can speak to your qualifications for the particular scholarship.
- Ask if the faculty member is willing to complete the evaluation. Recognize that completing the evaluation takes time and they may not have the time to complete the evaluation for you.
- Give the faculty member some information about your goals, plans, and/or experiences that may help them complete the evaluation. A résumé is helpful.
- Give the faculty member at least two weeks to complete the evaluation.
- Arrange a time at the faculty member’s convenience to confirm that the completed evaluation has been submitted.
- Thank them for completing the evaluation when you confirm they have submitted the form.
- Let them know if you are selected to receive a scholarship!
Contact for questions regarding the Mary Stuart Rogers Scholarship:
Jessica Black, Assistant Director of Financial Aid: email@example.com