Financial Aid Timeline
for undergraduate students
- Incoming students and parents should begin to gather financial information in preparation for filing a FAFSA and CSS PROFILE for their first academic year.
- October 1: FAFSA and CSS Profile are available to file beginning October 1.
- November 1: Priority filing deadline for the FAFSA and CSS Profile for students applying for admission under Early Decision Admissions.
- November 1: Priority filing deadline for the FAFSA and CSS Profile for students applying for admission under Early Action Admissions.
- Late December: Incoming students admitted under Early Decision Admissions who completed the FAFSA and CSS PROFILE by November 1 should receive a financial aid award notification by late December.
- January 15: Priority filing deadline for the FAFSA and CSS Profile for students applying for admission under Regular Decision Admissions.
- Mid-January: Incoming students admitted under Early Action Admissions who completed the FAFSA and CSS PROFILE by November 1 should receive a financial aid award notification by mid-January.
- February 15: Priority filing deadline for Continuing Students to submit the FAFSA. CSS Profile is NOT required for continuing students.
- March 1: Priority filing deadline for the FAFSA and CSS Profile for student applying to Lewis & Clark as Transfer Students. If submitting transfer admissions application after March 1, please submit FAFSA and CSS Profile as soon as possible after submitting admissions application.
- March 31: Verification documents due for Continuing Students selected for verification.
- By April 1: Incoming students admitted under Regular Decision Admissions who completed the FAFSA and CSS Profile by January 15 should receive a financial aid award notification by April 1.
- April 10: Incoming students who received an estimated financial aid award must submit additional required documents by April 10 in order to receive a finalized award prior to May 1.
- May 1: National Candidates Reply Date. Incoming students wishing to enroll at Lewis & Clark must submit enrollment deposit by May 1. See Admission Letter for further details.
- June 1: Continuing Students who filed a valid FAFSA by February 15th and returned additional documentation by March 31 should receive a financial aid award notification by June 1.
- As soon as you know that you’ve received any external scholarships, let us know by completing the External Resources form.
- July 1: Complete the steps necessary to secure student loan funds shown on your financial aid award for the upcoming school year.
- Mid-July: Billing statements for the fall semester will be sent to students in mid-July by the Student Accounts Department.
- Mid-July: Students and/or parents who wish to sign up for the Tuition Management Systems (TMS) monthly payment plan should enroll no later than mid-July.
- August 1: Parents wishing to borrow a Federal PLUS Loan should complete an application with the U.S. Department of Education no later than August 1.
- August 1: Students wishing to borrow a private education loan should select a lender and complete an application with that lender no later than August 1.
- Early August: Double-check to make sure all steps necessary to secure financial aid are completed so funding will be applied to the student account at the beginning of the fall semester
- Mid-August: The fall semester billing due date is in early-August.
- Early September: If you have a work award and wish to work on campus, bring the necessary original employment documents to campus in the fall. Additional information regarding student employment and what documents are required can be found on HR’s Student Employment website.
- October 1: FAFSA is available to file for next year beginning October 1. CSS Profile is NOT required for continuing students.
- Mid-November: Billing statements for spring semester charges are sent to students in mid-November by the Student Accounts Department.
- Mid-December: The spring semester billing due date is in mid-December.