- A student’s application may be selected for verification by either the FAFSA processing center or the College.
- Corrections to a student’s aid application may result in changes to financial aid eligibility and require a revision to the financial aid award.
Steps To Complete Verification
Offers of financial aid will not be finalized nor will any funds disburse to the student account if verification is required but remains incomplete. Failure to complete verification may result in cancellation of your financial aid offer.
STEP 1: Verify Your Income
For complete details, review the Verifying Income page for the options available to complete this step.
NOTE: If you used the Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to import federal income tax information into the FAFSA, you have completed this requirement and can move on to step 2. (Dependent students must import both parent and student information)
STEP 2 : Complete the Verification Worksheet
Check WebAdvisor to determine the Verification Worksheet you are required to submit.
For Undergraduate Students:
For Graduate and Law Students:
The process begins with you filling out an online questionnaire. The results of the questionnaire will be emailed to the students email to print, sign, and submit to the Financial Aid Office. Note: The Dependent Verification Worksheet must be signed by both the student and a parent who completed the FAFSA.
STEP 3: Submit Documents
You must submit all of the following to the Financial Aid Office:
- The student’s verified income through one of the following: Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) process via the FAFSA, a copy of your Tax Return Transcript obtained from the IRS, or a signed copy of the Federal tax return you filed with the IRS.
- If you are a Dependent student — the parent(s) verified income thorough one of the following: Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) process via the FAFSA, a copy of your Tax Return Transcript obtained from the IRS, or a signed copy of the Federal tax return you filed with the IRS.
- Your signed Verification Worksheet. All dependent students are required to sign the worksheet along with at least one parent signature.
- NOTE for Non-Tax Filers: If you did not file, and were not required to file taxes, you must submit copies of all your 2015 W-2 forms if applicable. You can find additional details on our Verifying Income page (Option #3).