Paid and Unpaid Leaves
There are a variety of leaves that an eligible employee may take:
This leave can be taken for the following reasons:
- A serious health condition that makes you unable to do the essential functions of your job (including pregnancy.)
- The birth of your child, or the placement of a child with you for adoption or foster care.
- A serious health condition affecting your spouse/same sex domestic partner, child/grandchild, parent/parent-in-law, or grandparent for whom you need to provide care.
- To care for a child with an illness or injury that is not a serious health condition but that requires home care.
- Because of any qualifying contingency arising out of the fact that the spouse, or a son, daughter or parent of the employee is on active duty (or has been notified of an impending call or order to active duty) in the Armed Forces in support of a contingency operation.
- Because you are the spouse; son or daughter; parent; next of kin of a covered service member with a serious injury or illness.
- The death of an immediate family member.
Many additional faculty policies and procedures are described in the Faculty Handbook.
Leave of Absence (LOA) Process
It is very important that you inform Human Resources before you leave on a leave of absence and when you return from a leave of absence. We have also developed a checklist to assist you in determining what you need to do before you take a a paid or unpaid leave of absence
Review the relevant Lewis & Clark Policies, to gather information about the specific leave that you plan to take.
Complete the Leave Request Form (below) and return it to email@example.com. Let us know if you have any questions, or if you would like to schedule an appointment to discuss the process.
Complete the forms that apply to your specific leave. These forms will be provided by the Leave Administrator once the specific leave has been identified. Please return all forms to the Human Resources Office at MSC 72, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax at 503-768-6233.
Upon approval of your leave of absence, you will receive a formal designation letter from the Leave Administrator.
Fitness for Duty Form