Hiring for Staff Positions
Human Resources is here to help you navigate through the recruitment and selection process.
1. Obtaining Permission To Fill:
- Please update the Position Description Questionnaire (PDQ) for the position you are filling. If you need a copy please contact Human Resources.
- If the position is part of the LCCSSA, please contact HR with regards the minimum qualifications for the education and work experience requirement.
- Submit the revised PDQ to Human Resources. HR will send you the updated job description to use to create the posting.
- Create the posting in People Admin. Please review the posting instructions.
- Let Human Resources know when the posting is ready and they will submit it to the VP for Business and Finance/Treasurer and the VP and Provost for Executive Council approval to fill.
2. Posting the Position:
- Once the position has been approved to fill, Human Resources will complete the posting process.
3. Selecting The Right Candidate:
- Review the applications for the posting. Only consider candidates who meet the minimum qualifications.
- Interview all qualified internal candidates. If you do not select an internal candidate who is a part of the LCCSSA, you must provide them with an explanation in writing as to why they were not selected, and copy the union president.
- Conduct interviews with the finalists.
- Contact HR about SkillSurvey reference checks.
4. Completing The Hiring Process:
- Once you have identified your top candidate, contact Human Resources about the conditional offer process and background check.
The CUPA-HR Interview Guide is a great resource for anyone involved in the selection process. Please contact Human Resources with any questions.